Under the supervision of the mechanic foreman, the construction equipment technician acts as team leader for the mechanics. He looks for the root cause of problems (diagnosis), repairs, overhauls and maintains heavy mobile, as well as mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment. Most of his work is carried out on construction sites. He propose modifications to improve the reliability of equipment.
Main responsibilities :
- Diagnose and perform inspections, general maintenance and electrical and hydraulic repairs;
- Plan and coordinate, with the foreman mechanic, shifts according to emergencies and priorities;
- Executes site work;
- Executes tenders with the assistance of the mechanical foreman;
- Reads plans, diagrams and schematics to determine how to proceed;
- Installs, adjusts, dismantles and moves mobile/fixed industrial machinery or other mechanical equipment according to standards, using hand and power tools;
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly and that repairs are in accordance with the repair.
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Hold a DEP in mechanics of construction equipment or any other equivalent training;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanics of construction equipment;
- Hold a valid driver's license;
- Possess a valid explosives license;
- Hold the ASP Construction certificate;
- Have a flawless customer approach, leadership and enjoy working in a team;
- Be meticulous, autonomous and have the ability to work under pressure;
- Be available to work on a 14-day work rotation schedule followed by 14 days off and to travel throughout Quebec;
- The CCQ card, mining modules, explosives permit and WHMIS certification are considered assets.
- 14 days on and 14 days off, 12 hours of work per day;
- Work tools and equipment fully supplied;
- No moving necessary, our employees come from all over Quebec or other provinces;
- Overtime (rate and a half) after 40 hours of work per week, opportunity for overtime at all times;
- Lodging provided at all times (food is also provided on isolated sites);
- Reimbursement of mileage to pay for travel expenses in Abitibi;
- Full range of group insurance including medical and dental care paid at 50% by the employer;
- RRSP program available upon hiring;
- Construction sites throughout Quebec and Ontario;
- Internal training and coaching;
- Daily challenges, career development opportunities in the short, medium and long term according to the employee's ambitions.
By joining our team, you will take up career challenges that match your ambitions and you will evolve in a growing company. Send your application, specifying the job title and reference number, via the form or by e-mail to the Human Resources Department at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.